At Urbio, we are accelerating the decarbonization of buildings globally with AI. Our mission is to empower the key actors of the energy transition with cutting-edge decision support software for planning future-proof systems to heat, cool and electrify buildings. We’re looking for impact-driven people to build together a globally leading software company.Operations Manager
You’re looking to apply your business skills in a fast-growing tech startup!
You use your business skills and entrepreneurial mindset to make the company thrive. You'll work closely with Urbio's founders on a range of tasks from business operations, to strategy shaping, marketing and team building. Your work and decisions will be highly data-driven and communication-oriented.Responsibilities
Your tasks are to...
- Work alongside the founding team on business priorities executing strategic initiatives and steering the business
- Conduct internal business analyses and reporting to provide data-driven insights for decision-making
- Monitor the market and industry to deliver the data basis for strategic decisions
- Create clear, synthetic presentations and visuals for internal and external stakeholders, highlighting key findings, progress, and recommendations
- Act as a sparring partner for the founders by providing feedback, ideas, and suggestions to help drive the business forward
- Manage and prepare content for the company's online presence (website, social media)
- Identify marketing opportunities and organize commercial events
- Assist in fundraising efforts by preparing pitch decks and investor materials
- Co-organize team events and offsite workshops
If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyway. Humility is a trait we value deeply - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.Qualifications
For this position you need to...
- be recently graduated with 1-2 years of business development experience
- have an entrepreneurial mindset and the drive to make things happen
- have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- work independently with limited guidance and proactively collaborate with multiple stakeholders across and outside the company
- have great analytical skills and the ability to think at "company-level", assessing what would be best for the business (commercially, in terms of image, etc.)
- be comfortable making decisions even in the presence of ambiguity, with the ability to self-critic and self-improve
You’re a great fit if you...
- also speak German and/or French
- have experience or interest in the field of energy
- are great with number-crunching and financial planning
- love to craft meaningful charts/slides to explain complex ideas
You are passionate about understanding what makes startups thrive and scale. Doing so, you are not afraid to step out of your comfort zone and work on fast-paced, diverse and complex tasks both independently and in a team. For this position, the ability to multi-task is crucial to deliver fast responses while adequately balancing time-investment with quality of outcomes.Offer
We offer you a position that allows you to constantly acquire knowledge on growing a business, gaining practical experience in the renewable energy industry, while exchanging regularly with ambitious team members and external stakeholders. Furthermore, the entrepreneur in you is constantly solicited and challenged.
Working at Urbio provides you with many learning opportunities in a highly motivated and qualified team, as well as ample career development opportunities. This is also your chance to gain experience and earn equity in a fast-growing startup that targets an emerging international market.
Our core motivation at Urbio is to reduce the adverse impacts of cities. Your work has thus the potential to considerably improve many aspects of cities worldwide and will in particular allow cities to adopt more sustainable pathways.Location & time
- We are a remote-first company based in Switzerland
- We’re seeking someone to join our team at the soonest availability
- This is an unlimited full-time position
Click on the "Apply" button above to access the application form.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the community we serve. We especially encourage women and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.