Vice President, Engineering
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We’re looking for a strategic and visionary engineering leader with a proven track record of delivering market driving innovation at scale. This role has significant leadership responsibility as the head of all engineering product efforts across the spectrum of hardware, software, and data. You will own both the technical execution and people management, and have a deep understanding of the company’s short and long term product strategy and drive product deliverables.
The ideal candidate brings deep experience in Hardware Engineering or Physical Sciences as well as strong understanding of the Software Development process. You have built teams from an early stage, thrive in an ambiguous environment and bring calm to the storm. You are highly collaborative and have proven success taking products and teams from inception to launch – and beyond.
- Lead and grow and cross functional team, provide technical direction to ensure the successful delivery of high quality, reliable, and cost effective products that mitigate climate change and contribute to the strategic direction of the business.
- Develop and execute the engineering strategy and roadmap in alignment with Thalo Labs vision and goals.
- Create and manage the engineering budget, ensuring we optimize resources and investments to achieve our goals.
- Recruit top talent and create a positive, productive and engaging environment that supports personal and career growth.
- Own inter team collaboration, ensure seamless integration between Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Embedded, Material, and Chemical Engineering.
- Maintain a hands-on engineering and leadership approach to provide technical guidance, reviews, and mentorship to the team.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience and breadth of exposure across engineering disciplines (ME, EE, SW, Chemical), with at least 5 years of experience at a management/executive level or above
- Proven success bringing new technology to scale and previous experience as a leader of rapidly growing teams tackling hard technical challenges
- You approach engineering from a product perspective, keeping the end user in mind while successfully balancing customer requirements and business needs
- Early stage product experience and held leadership role in a Series A/B company or startup within a larger company
- Excellent managerial, mentoring, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across all areas of engineering and staff at all levels
- BS in an engineering field such as ME, EE, Chemical engineering, Physics, or similar. MS or PhD preferred
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we still would like to hear from you. We are building a diverse and balanced team that complements each other while covering the critical skills and experience
Target compensation for this role at our current stage is between $150,000 and $180,000 depending on level and experience plus generous equity option grants at the ground floor.
Perks and Benefits:
· Health, dental and vision subsidized up to 50% by Thalo Labs
· Unlimited PTO for exempt (salaried) employees
· Falafel Friday’s
· Weekly happy hours
· Quarterly team offsites
· Quarterly team volunteering
· Stocked pantry
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Thalo Labs is committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We think that a diverse team is critical to Thalo's success. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
See more open positions at thalolabs.com
Something looks off?