New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We’re Thalo Labs. Our mission is to accelerate society’s transition to net-negative emissions with our CO2 mitigation technologies and a real-time, actionable data platform. Based at the historic Brooklyn Naval Yard in New York City, we develop scalable, modular hardware and software systems that help our customers measure, reduce, and capture their greenhouse gas emissions for permanent geologic storage. We have already installed sites and acquired key revenue generating customers and are looking to dramatically grow in 2023.
The Commercialization Lead is a key business strategist that will own our go-to-market strategy, drive policy engagement across the federal, state, & local levels, and develop and drive our customer acquisition and communications approach.
The ideal candidate has experience that spans business development, policy and/or grant writing and marketing strategy. Strong collaborative skills are critical as you will be working across multiple internal and external partners and key stakeholders. You will be responsible for the overall GTM strategy and execution of critical product initiatives to maximize revenue and product adoption. You will create revenue forecasts, commercial pricing strategy, and have a proven track record of successfully taking ideas from inception to launch.
You will work in our Brooklyn, NY headquarters when you are not working at a customer or partner site.
- Develop and execute a clear, concise, actionable and measurable GTM plan
- Develop the value proposition (economic and others from a customer point of view) as well as the “Whole Product” definition that will meet the customer needs and maximize the value proposition.
- Developing, maintaining and executing on a robust customer acquisition plan consistent with the GTM plan Development, implementation and achievement of sales and revenue projections
- Develop the value proposition (economic and others from a customer point of view) as well as the “Whole Product” definition that will meet the customer needs and maximize the value proposition establishing Thalo as the best and most trusted source for carbon remediation.
- Build, manage, and execute our Sales strategy and team, and collaborate with our Customer Success function to ensure alignment.
- Develop relationships with ecosystem partners to scale Thalo’s business while expanding the overall market for climate mitigation technologies in the U.S. and beyond
- Lead and coordinate Thalo Labs interactions with all legislative, regulatory, and policy matters. Drive policy engagement at the federal, state (NYSERDA), and Local (NYC)levels.
- Track, develop, and land grants, awards, and contracts. Actively monitor, identify, and manage applications for grants and grant reporting to ensure successful and timely completion of financial reporting to funders
- Responsible for the development of compelling grant proposals and maintaining tracking for legislation, regulations, and key stakeholders.
- 7 -10+ years of professional work experience in Business Development, Business Operations, and/or government relations area. Climate tech is a huge plus!
- A process mindset with high attention to detail combined with the ability to quickly pivot as initial assumptions are tested, new information is received, and new opportunities evolve.
- Previous successful experience in strategy and early development sales, sales process and systems development.
- Experience negotiating large, multi-year service contracts with particular focus on blending initial hardware installation with lifetime value over the term of the contract.
- Proven ability to be immersed in details and, at the same time, work on the bigger picture. We are a start-up and need individual contributors as well as strategic thinkers—often embodied in the same person.
- Experience in managing relationships with policymakers and other external stakeholders;
- Strong knowledge of inner workings of the state government, policymaking, and budgetary processes.
- Proven success managing grant writing and submission process.
- Passion for mitigating climate change is a must.
The following Communications experience is a big plus:
- Build, manage, and foster relationships for press and communications purposes
- Develop and execute on our marketing strategy, including all social media content development.
- Oversee drafting and publication of media advisories, press releases, and other external communications.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to identify opportunities to promote and amplify.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we still would like to hear from you. We are building a diverse and balanced team that complements each other while covering the critical skills and experience
Target compensation for this role at our current stage is between $120,000 and $160,000 depending on level and experience plus generous equity option grants at the ground floor.
Perks and Benefits:
· Health, dental and vision subsidized up to 50% by Thalo Labs
· Unlimited PTO for exempt (salaried) employees
· Falafel Friday’s
· Weekly happy hours
· Quarterly team offsites
· Quarterly team volunteering
· Stocked pantry
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Thalo Labs is committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We think that a diverse team is critical to Thalo's success. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
See more open positions at thalolabs.com
Something looks off?