Director of Business Operations
Resonant Link is transforming the charging experience across industries and leading the movement to electrify work, logistics, transportation, and patient care. Our mission is to provide fast, safe, and reliable wireless power to help people, businesses, and the planet thrive, and more specifically, to:
- Power fleets while they work: enable material handling equipment like forklifts and robots to achieve 24/7 uptime. Resonant Link envisions a future where wireless chargers are integrated into the stops that already exist during fleet operation (think pick stations for robots or loading docks for forklifts), saving time, saving money, and protecting the planet through smaller batteries, smaller fleets, and more efficient power distribution and energy storage.
- Eliminate drivelines and risky battery replacement surgeries, forever: eliminate unnecessary surgeries, enable new therapies, and elevate existing treatments with the world’s smallest, fastest, patient friendly wireless chargers for implantable medical devices like neurostimulators, pumps, and pacemakers.
As Resonant Link’s Director of Business Operations, you will be responsible for building and optimizing the systems, processes, and tools that keep the Resonant Link team working together efficiently and joyfully to accomplish our core company objectives. You will lead efforts to optimize our day-to-day operations, spearhead transformative initiatives, and ensure seamless execution of our business strategies, all with the goal of building our team’s staff capacity and enabling Resonant Link to deliver on key company goals. The Director of Business Operations will be responsible for leading the Business Operations function at Resonant Link, which today, encompasses financial operations, accounting, internal business operations, compliance, and IT. You will also play an essential role in setting up sustainable and scalable business practices that allow Resonant Link to succeed in our next stage of growth.
We’re committed to building a healthy, collaborative culture - and to help us deliver on our mission, we’re looking for empathetic problem solvers and team leaders, with a passion for solving challenges at the boundary between scientific innovation and productization. If you get energized by working at the intersection of people, process, and technology, we’re excited for you to bring your expertise, creativity, and leadership to the team!
On an average day, you’ll…
- Internal Process & Systems Development/Enhancement: Craft, refine, and implement organizational processes and systems that enhance efficiency and scalability. Develop, refine, implement, and maintain a system for tracking and regular reporting of all operational processes. Design, deploy, and maintain internal tools and business metric dashboards to drive execution maturity, scalability, and sustainability.
- Budget Management and Financial Operations: Maintain and oversee the company's budget, ensuring financial efficiency while also liaising with accounting to prepare financial statements, offering insights and recommendations. Design, build, scale, and operate core financial operations processes
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal departments to identify operating gaps and opportunities to increase staff capacity. Partner with stakeholders to translate insights into concrete implementation plans and operationalize solutions that enable the team to realize Resonant Link’s strategic roadmap. Develop and execute cross-functional, strategic initiatives to drive growth and create and scale best-in-class experiences for our teammates
- Risk Management & Compliance Coordinate risk assessments and other compliance processes as needed. Partner with Legal and Financial stakeholders on compliance efforts and management
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing direct reports and/or cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience working in an operations or finance related role within an evolving organization; previous start-up experience preferred
- 30% travel to Resonant Link Burlington, VT Headquarters and other company events/locations
Who we’re looking for
- You operate with empathy, integrity, and a growth mindset, viewing mistakes and challenges as learning opportunities and building upon your successes. You challenge yourself to continuously grow and improve.
- You operate with a strategic mindset that can unpack complex problems, build solutions for them, and manage their execution, all while maintaining and promoting a one team, one mission mindset.
- You can pivot quickly and often, continually building new processes as the company scales.
- You are excited and energized by team development, people management, and mentoring.
- You have experience building, leading, growing, and mentoring diverse, high-performing teams. You manage with a people-first approach that is grounded in inspiration, influence, and inclusivity.
- You are adept at working in a distributed, dynamic environment, and feel comfortable navigating change and ambiguity.
- You are a collaborative, respectful, and honest team member - you understand the impact of your work/your team’s work on other projects and people, and you know together is always better!
- You are a creative problem solver, taking initiative to own and solve problems with a mindset of continuous improvement - ensuring bigger picture issues are addressed, not just the problem at hand.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- Paid holidays (including a week off at new year) and an unlimited vacation policy
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees
- 401(k) retirement benefit
- Generous paid parental and family leave
- Learning/career development investment in your professional and personal growth
- Company outings & team retreats
Even if you don't meet every requirement, if you see yourself contributing to our team, we encourage you to apply!
Resonant Link is an equal opportunity employer and includes “Together is Better” as a core value. Resonant Link is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, reproductive health decision-making, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the future of wireless charging.