Lead Data Scientist
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Renewell's breakthrough technology addresses the climate crisis head on by storing massive amounts of clean power for use when there is no sun or wind while simultaneously cleaning up millions of inactive oil and gas wells in the US. We need your individual expertise to build the tools necessary for the team to execute a data-driven go-to-market strategy. This is an opportunity to be an early hire in a company that is well-funded and poised to make a powerful impact in the renewable energy and well-remediation industries. For further background on Renewell, please take a look at our website (renewellenergy.com) or this recent mini-documentary: https://tinyurl.com/2p82trd9Position Description: We are recruiting for a data scientist -- someone who will take ownership over all our data science needs. This role also offers the chance to directly participate with the CEO in due diligence calls with prospective customers. Responsibilities will include:
- Drive the development of first-class tools and insights for business development and engineering by utilizing large quantities of complex data and coding/visualization platforms
- Own the management and improvement of a proprietary data tool capable of predicting plug and abandonment costs and projecting energy storage revenues on an individual well basis.
- Find and purchase high quality source data to improve the proprietary tool
- Guide data science projects that leverage data transformation and machine learning models.
- Ideate alternative procedures and processing to optimize data interactions and drive new insights
- Assist in storyboarding results, supporting recommendations for a customer executive-level audience and produce C-suit quality reports
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for product and business development.
- Experienced in SQL, Python, Spotfire, R, QGIS, and ArcGIS for use in data analysis, data science, and data visualization
- 3+ years of experience as Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer or AI/ML Researcher (experience in the industrial and/or oil and gas industry strongly preferred)
- A bachelors or master’s degree from an accredited program in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Self-starter mentality unafraid of white-space and a demonstrated ability to cooperate as a member of a team
- Software development skills including familiarity with machine learning and deep learning libraries
- Experience with and understanding of software engineering concepts (DevOps, algorithms, data structures, etc.)
- Experience with and understanding of advanced statistics
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time
- Silver-level family health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Employer 401(k) contributions, up to 5%, full match
- Life insurance and disability coverage