Software Engineering Intern, Backend (Python or Ruby)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Timing: 10+ weeks concluding before the end of August 2024\
About the role
At the heart of Plentify’s technology is our Ruby on Rails application, a pivotal component that integrates with our intelligent IoT products. It serves as a robust data hub for our customer-facing applications, offers an intuitive interface for our dedicated internal team, and integrates with various third-party services. We’re seeking a dynamic individual to join our skilled team, focusing on enhancing and expanding the backend features of our core system. While our primary language for backend development is Ruby, we also have exciting opportunities to work on a few specialised Python projects, making this role ideal for a versatile engineer.
This internship is intended to be hosted in Cape Town, South Africa for at least half of the internship period (and the rest of the time can be remote). This internship is paid, and includes flights to South Africa for international candidates.
Required skills and traits
- Proficiency in Ruby and/or Python
- Experience working with relational databases and APIs
- A passion for test driven development
- 1+ years professional work experience as a software engineer (i.e. must have work experience outside of classwork and internships)
- Fluency with version control in Git-based devops environments
- Analytical, structured thinker who is able to communicate effectively
How to apply
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org being sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience. Include links to relevant code repositories and work portfolios.