Software Engineering Intern, Hardware for Manufacturing (Python)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Timing: 10+ weeks concluding before the end of August 2024
About the role
Plentify designs and builds the hardware and embedded systems underpinning our intelligent IoT products. In order to ensure we always deliver high quality products, a suite of custom hardware and software is needed to support the manufacturing process of each product. These systems not only program and prepare new hardware, but it also provides critical testing and traceability information that is key to our ability to assure quality and debug hardware failures in the future.
The Software Engineer Intern will help further develop this Python-based infrastructure by developing data analysis tools and other extensions/improvements to the code-base.
This internship is intended to be hosted in Cape Town, South Africa for at least half of the internship period (and the rest of the time can be remote). This internship is paid, and includes flights to South Africa for international candidates.
- Highly proficient with Python. Experience with the following is beneficial:
- Hardware driver implementations
- OpenHTF testing platform
- 1+ years professional work experience as a software engineer (i.e. must have work experience outside of classwork and internships)
- Fluency with version control in Git-based devops environments
- Analytical, structured thinker who is able to communicate effectively
- Experience with hardware and embedded systems is a plus
How to apply
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org being sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience. Include links to relevant code repositories and work portfolios.