Customer Support Lead
Location: Cape Town or Gauteng. Office based or remote
Timing: Full-time, starting as soon as possible. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
About the Role
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer. Areas of responsibility will include:
- Customer care: To ensure end users have an awesome experience when dealing with our support channels and that the end users are positively engaged and feel valued in their dealings with Plentify. Demonstrate high levels of empathy and expertise in all their dealings. Promote a strong awareness of end user care throughout the Plentify organisation.
- Technical support and problem solving: Provide technical support and problem solving to the end users through the various channels. Where required escalate issues in the business to provide the solution and ensure that these solutions are documented for future use. The candidate will need to work efficiently with internal resources where the problem cannot be solved immediately. Work with the Operations, Products and Sales teams to ensure a seamless solution for the end user through to closure of each issue.
- Processes and Solutions: Devise, improve and implement support processes and policies, systems and solutions to enhance end user satisfaction. Simplify the support processes with the aim of reducing workload whilst maintaining the required high level of customer service.
- Issue tracking and reporting: Continually update our CRM system and make sure that cards are timeously and accurately completed. Measure and track our end user response performance and continually improve on this performance by reviewing processes and systems. Build on the existing FAQ’s and knowledge base with the aim of eventually providing a semi-intelligent support system for end users. Identify key trends that our end users experience and ensure these are escalated through the business with the aim of improving the experience. Assess support statistics and prepare detailed reports on the findings.
- Leadership and team management: Ability to effectively lead and manage a team successfully with deliverables and performance metrics. The support team may be built around this role if the candidate brings the requisite skills.
The candidate will have the opportunity to learn and contribute across a wide range of functions in a fast growing business. An ideal candidate is a fast learner with a very strong attention to detail and enjoys creating a highly organised work environment.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and may include equity. Plentify also offers several exciting benefits like unlimited vacation, concrete support for mental wellness, and a people-centric work culture.
Required skills and qualifications
- At least 5 years experience in end user support, with at least 2 years managing an end user support team.
- Fluent or native English speaker. Bonus if fluent in Afrikaans too.
- Great at following processes with very strong attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills, excellent at multitasking and maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with good phone and email etiquette.
- Comfortable with cold calling, managing and appeasing dissatisfied customers.
- Able to work independently and self manage their daily activities.
- Strong experience with customer support systems is an advantage (preferably Zoho).
- Good levels of technical understanding preferably with geyser, electrical, solar, power or software end user support is required.
How to apply
Email your cover letter, resume, and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit through this website, being sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience.