Technical Product Manager - Guadalajara, Mexico
Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
This role is located onsite in Guadalajara Mexico
About the Role:
As Mill’s Technical Product Manager you will be responsible for all stages of production activities with Mill’s Manufacturing Partners to ensure delivery of high quality, cost effective and on schedule products.
- Operations point of contact with Mill’s Manufacturing Partners, particularly at final assembly.
- Work with Mill’s new product development team to successfully launch Mill’s product on-time, on-budget, at desired quality and reliability levels.
- Use your Project Management skills to drive on time production ramp and sustaining product delivery.
- Use your technical skills to drive DFX efforts on all new products to ensure products are optimized for manufacturability, quality, reliability, serviceability, flexibility and cost.
- Work with Mill’s internal and external Design teams to support Proto, EVT, DVT and PVT manufacturing builds and ramp into mass production.
- Support Mill’s Technical Operations and our CM partner to develop and implement manufacturing test processes including; Incoming Inspection, In-Circuit Test (ICT) if applicable, Final Functional Test, Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) if applicable, Ongoing Reliability Testing (ORT) and Out-Of-Box Quality (OBQ) audits.
- Qualify the manufacturing process on each new product introduction, including working with our CM partner to ensure appropriate line layout, work instructions, operator training, equipment calibration, etc. are in place
- Support Mill Quality to qualify Material Suppliers on each new product introduction, including First Article approvals, incoming inspection specifications & procedures (eg; AQL levels, go/no-go gauges, aesthetic acceptance criteria, etc.), and establish thresholds for approving material suppliers for source inspection and/or ship-to-stock status.
- Management/oversight of CM Shop Floor Control System
- Work with Technical Operations to establish in-line rework and re-test standards, including monitoring the “bone pile” for total quantity, aging and number of rework cycles
- Drive cost reductions and product quality improvements through manufacturing yield enhancement programs.
- Work with Mill Engineering & Logistics to set up Reverse Logistics Triage Testing systems/processes and work with Mill Customer Service on implementing RMA processes.
- Drive Closed Loop Corrective Action (CLCA) process to analyze failure data collected from field returns, manufacturing yield data & ORT testing, and drive corrective actions at the root cause. Ensure learning is carried forward into future new product designs
- Support Documentation Control system to manage Bills of Materials (BOMs), product specifications, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), etc.
- BS in ME, or equivalent experience (Masters degree desirable).
- 10+ years work experience in Manufacturing Operations or related disciplines.
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing, test, supplier management & statistical process controls.
- Excellent project management, communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-starter, with ability to work independently
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The estimated base salary range for this position is $45k to $85k, which does not include the value of benefits or a potential equity grant. A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets, market conditions, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and business and organizational needs. At Mill, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.