Product Manager, Digital Experience
Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
About the Role
As a product manager at Mill, you’ll own end-to-end experiences – from concept to execution. The Mill mobile app is at the center of the Mill membership, providing advanced controls for the Mill kitchen bin as well as conveniently bringing together key services, tools, and insights for our users. While we’ve launched the MVP of that app, we’re just getting started. From visualizing environmental impact to helping drive systemic behavior change to reduce food waste, there is so much more exciting work to do. To make it all happen, we’re looking for a PM with a range of skills like market and customer research, designing the product architecture, UI development, software and technology planning and execution, and product analytics.
- Develop deep understanding of our customers, their problems, and what features and solutions would best serve them
- Partner with UX, software and firmware engineering on the end-to-end product development process, e.g. determine feature feasibility and prioritization, create detailed timelines, run sprints and bug burndowns, identify risks, and drive mitigation plans
- Define, measure and communicate key performance indicators and use a data-driven approach to optimize our product offering
- Clearly communicate program status and feature plans to stakeholders, and prioritize initiatives
- Develop a strong grasp of the competitive landscape including environmental initiatives, connected devices, and companion app trends
- 4+ years of software product management experience
- Ability to identify user needs and pain points, translate into products/features, organize, plan, and execute for both product and business success.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, high growth, fast moving early stage startup environment.
- Ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Understanding of technical concepts in web and mobile applications
- Experience with mobile apps and apps for IOT devices
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Product analytics experience and writing SQL
The estimated base salary range for this position is $120k to $160k, which does not include the value of benefits or a potential equity grant. A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets, market conditions, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and business and organizational needs. At Mill, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.