Software Development Engineer in Test
Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
As a member of Mill’s Software Quality team in a high-energy, fast-paced start-up environment, you will draw on a broad set of technical and problem solving skills to build Mill industries flagship product and service offering. You will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of consumer products, own testing and automation from the ground up. You will work with our QAE, SDE, FW engineers to help validate, automate and build scalable test solutions.
- Interface with leaders across the company to develop requirements and feature requests to build a test plan.
- Design and implement automation framework for firmware and mobile applications.
- Lead automation efforts with the other team members, and explore new test automation tools and methods
- Establish processes and toolset to maintain automation scripts
- Working directly with Developers, QA Engineers, firmware Engineers, SW Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure quality of our product
- B.S. in Computer Science, computer engineering or related field
- At least 6 years experience as a software development/ SDET
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong Automation framework and SW QA fundamentals, Mobile app, cloud and Firmware knowledge
- Deep understanding of how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together to develop QA test approaches that fit the overall strategy.
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Python expertise
- Experience shipping consumer facing products and scaling while maintaining quality
- Worked in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in test automation frameworks that involve FW & SW subsystems.
- Nice to have: Experience in mobile automation
- Demonstrated ability in working in an automation testing pipeline ( integration + system ) driven by CI/CD frameworks.
- Experience in testing consumer products
For your awareness, we have been requiring that all employees and visitors who come into our offices verify that they are fully vaccinated with respect to COVID-19. Of course we are open to discussing accommodations where legally required, such as for medical or religious reasons. If you need to discuss accommodations or better understand this requirement, please let me know. Otherwise, please prepare to provide verification of your vaccination.