Miles helps foster greener travel and rewards you for it. We've built a great product that's simple, engaging, and tailored to each user. Join now to have the biggest impact while we're small and growing fast.
You will be working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment. We solve a wide variety of interesting technical challenges, and continually build up our platform to power the next generation of scale and features. We partner closely with Product, Design, and UX teams to build and ship the most impactful
You want to join an early startup on a fast growth trajectory. You are self motivated, take end to end ownership, communicate effectively, and are a fast learner.
- Participate in the technical design, architecture, and direction of our iOS applications.
- Collaborate with Product, Design/UX, and iOS Lead to provide feedback, plan, and execute on roadmap features.
- Build and ship high quality features through weekly sprints and releases.
- Maintain a high crash-free session rate. Diagnose and fix production issues swiftly.
- Advance the code base for the next generation of features, scale, and reliability with robust test cases and coverage.
- At least 4+ years experience developing rich iOS mobile consumer-facing apps
- Expert level experience with the iOS SDK
- Familiarity with iOS APIs for location and motion
- Experience with RESTful API’s and asynchronous web services
- Experience with iOS standard animations, micro-animations, and custom animations.
- Deep experience working on iOS platforms, building and maintaining large-scale apps, or impressive apps that you’ve built personally
- Being a technical expert of the iOS platform and competent with industry standard libraries, frameworks, build process, and best practices.
- Proficient in the following areas: Objective-C and Swift, iOS Instruments (time profiler, memory profiler, battery profiler, etc), DBs (Coredata/Realm/SQLite), multi-threading and concurrency, memory management, device caching mechanisms, performance, battery optimization, and profiling.
- Experience running multiple server controlled A/B tests and experiments and mobile analytics.
- Experience release apps to customers, managing patches, internal and beta distributions, and staged rollouts.
- High quality code with unit tests, integration tests, and ability to track and mitigate crashes and maintain a high crash free rate.
- Worked on apps used by millions of people
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering from a top school
- Prior startup experience
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401K program with company matching to help you invest in your future
- Employee healthcare benefits include medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off + sick days
- Employee Referral bonus
- Daily office meals and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly team-building activities and happy hours
- Stock in an early-stage fast-growing startup company
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
Miles is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.