As a UX designer, you will be working on the mobile app experience that rewards the lives of millions of members around the world. You will rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution.As a UX designer, you will be working on the mobile app experience that rewards the lives of millions of members around the world. You will rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution.
Miles is a universal rewards app empowering anyone to earn miles automatically for all forms of travel and commute. You can then redeem your miles from amazing brands such as HP, Garmin, Pandora, Chewy, Home Chef, Buffalo Wild Wings, Wayfair, Sam’s Club and many more.
Similar to a frequent flyer program, but for all forms of transportation, Miles delivers value for every mile traveled, across every mode of travel, anywhere in the world. Whether by car (as a driver, passenger, or rideshare), plane, train, subway, bus, boat, bicycle, or on foot, the Miles app effortlessly awards users’ travel - regardless of where their journey takes them. Miles can be saved or redeemed at any time - with the value increasing every month as more merchants accept them as a form of payment.
Miles is a Silicon Valley-based startup with backing from prominent VCs (Porsche, Scrum, Panasonic, and Urban.us). Join the Miles family and be part of this revolutionary program!
From user research to sketches, prototypes to pixels, the Miles Design Team crafts the experiences that deliver value for every mile traveled. As part of our rapidly growing team, you'll work closely with the product team in crafting the future of the company. Specifically, as one of our dedicated UX Designers, you'll be an integral part of the Design Team and lay the foundation for how our members use our products.
As a UX designer, you will be working on the mobile app experience that rewards the lives of millions of members around the world. You will rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution.
- Handle the user experience of a product line end to end.
- Initiate, brainstorm, and ship projects.
- Work closely with product managers, fellow designers, and engineering teams.
- Articulate design decisions in individual and group critiques.
- Participate in peer review discussions.
- Facilitate design research sessions and sprints.
- Foster a culture of design at Miles.
- Extensive experience designing usable, engaging, and beautiful customer experiences for iPhone, iPad, Android, and the web.
- 2+ years experience that includes UX research, visuals and interaction design on a large scale product.
- Should have shipped features end to end at large scale.
- Excellent proficiency with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Solid understanding of Design Process, Design Research, and state-of-the-art design guidelines.
- You're more concerned with the 'why' than the 'how'.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, required.
- A portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- Masters Degree.
- Has commendable experience of interactions and prototyping.
- Worked on a successful product that has touched millions of consumers.
- Previous startup experience.
- Willing to hustle.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Opportunity to create impact in a high growth startup environment.
- Employee healthcare benefits includes medical, dental, vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Employee Referral bonus.
- Monthly team-building activities and happy hours.
- Stock in an early-stage fast-growing startup company.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
Miles is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.