Miles is a universal rewards app empowering anyone to earn miles automatically for all forms of travel and commute. You can then redeem your miles from amazing brands such as HP, Garmin, Pandora, Chewy, Home Chef, Buffalo Wild Wings, Wayfair, Sam’s Club and many more.
Similar to a frequent flyer program, but for all forms of transportation, Miles delivers value for every mile traveled, across every mode of travel, anywhere in the world. Whether by car (as a driver, passenger, or rideshare), plane, train, subway, bus, boat, bicycle, or on foot, the Miles app effortlessly awards users’ travel - regardless of where their journey takes them. Miles can be saved or redeemed at any time - with the value increasing every month as more merchants accept them as a form of payment.
Miles is a Silicon Valley-based startup with backing from prominent VCs (Porsche, Scrum, Panasonic, and Urban.us). Join the Miles family and be part of this revolutionary program!
This role is for a design geek who truly believes in 'pixel perfect' design. The person will work very closely with our product designer, product managers, and engineers to create engaging visuals that bring ideas to life and enhances the user experience. As a Visual Designer, you’ll craft a delightful and surprising experience for our users.
- Build creative and unique ideas.
- Transform sketches into pixel-perfect infographics and motion graphics.
- Produce stunning animations for a delightful product experience.
- Produce design creatives for both consumer and business-centric products.
- Ensure the design and all assets are delivered with design specifications on time.
- Advocate for and design scalable design solutions by building, maintaining, and growing design systems, component libraries, and brand identity systems across all our platforms.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience that includes visuals and interaction design on a large scale product.
- An aesthetic portfolio that demonstrates graphics design history and includes visual design in mobile contexts.
- Proficiency in common graphic design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, After Effects, Principle, and Lottie.
- Solid understanding of basic principles and detailed aspects of visual design.
- A positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn.
- Ability to narrate a story in the designs to captivate the users.
- Ability to understand and follow a design system, challenge, and contribute to it when necessary.
- Has a Design Agency experience for consumer-centric products.
- Masters Degree.
- Has the ability to rapidly illustrate.
- Worked on a successful product that has touched millions of consumers.
- Previous startup experience.
- Willing to hustle.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Opportunity to create impact in a high growth startup environment.
- Employee healthcare benefits includes medical, dental, vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Employee Referral bonus.
- Monthly team-building activities and happy hours.
- Stock in an early-stage fast-growing startup company.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
Miles is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.