Japan Marketing Manager / 日本マーケティングマネージャー
Miles is a rapidly growing rewards program that enables users to earn miles for a variety of activities, primarily travel-related. Users can redeem the miles for a variety of gift cards, raffles, and donations. With its headquarters situated in Silicon Valley, Miles expanded its operation to Japan as the second country in October 2021, and since then has garnered over 3 million users. As a Marketing Manager in Japan, you will play a pivotal role in driving customer acquisition, brand awareness, and revenue growth through creative and strategic marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities include tracking and analyzing the performance of advertising campaigns, managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all marketing material is in line with our brand identity. To be successful in this role, you should have hands-on experience with web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects. Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels.
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our front door.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, event management, publicity, social media, and digital marketing.
- Produce valuable and engaging content, including website copy, blog articles, social media posts, and videos that drive user acquisition.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors.
- Manage the marketing budget effectively, allocating resources to different marketing initiatives and campaigns. Monitor expenditures, track campaign performance, and ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college/university.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing paid user acquisition.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends).
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets.
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on commitments.
- Fluent in Japanese and English.