Japan Director of Sales, Brands & Ads / 日本セールスディレクター
Miles is a rapidly growing rewards program that enables users to earn miles for a variety of activities, primarily travel-related. Users can redeem the miles for a variety of gift cards, raffles, and donations. With its headquarters situated in Silicon Valley, Miles expanded its operation to Japan as the second country in October 2021, and since then has garnered over 3 million users. We are looking for a Country Manager to join our team in Japan and lead our expansion efforts in the region.
Miles is one of the best platforms for brands and retailers of all sizes, across all categories to engage directly with their target audience. Miles offers both unique performance and branding products to partners with guaranteed results to improve ROI. Having partnered with more than 300 brands, driving millions in transactions, we are now looking to expand our Sales team to help scale our relationships with brands partners.
As a Director of Sales, you have developed sales opportunities from lead gen to closure, and developed relationships with prospects and stakeholders in the process.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has worked in a role selling directly to or building partnerships with consumer companies in retail, e-commerce, QSR, entertainment, travel, and hospitality.
- Build and close a pipeline of opportunities with small to large size brands and retailers.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with key decision makers.
- Provide outstanding customer service to existing customers, prospects and channel partners.
- Perform sales presentations and demonstrations to customers and prospects, often on the web but occasionally in person.
- Meet or exceed your targets of new wins as well as upsell/cross sell.
- Identify and represent the company at various events.
- Present important business development updates to co-founders, investors, and/or other internal teams when necessary.
- Analyze performance and adjust strategy and activities when necessary to meet sales goals.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college/university.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience selling to brands and/or agencies.
- A history of success in developing, driving and closing business and achieving quota.
- Excellent communication skills with an engaging, customer-first personality.
- Proven track record of closing deals independently and successfully achieving and surpassing quota goals
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Teamwork oriented, and a willingness to work to the benefit of others.
- Ability to map out strong business plans for others to easily interpret and follow.
- CRM Experience.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on commitments.
- Fluent in Japanese and English.