Miles is looking for an outstanding Android Engineer. This is a key role in helping shape the Miles brand as Miles continues to grow and strengthen its leadership in the mobility and loyalty industries. You will be working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment. We solve a wide variety of interesting technical challenges, and continually build up our platform to power the next generation of scale and features. We partner closely with Product, Design, and UX teams to build and ship the most impactful features.
- Participate in the technical design, architecture, and direction of our Android applications.
- Collaborate with Product, Design/UX, and iOS Lead to provide feedback, plan, and execute on roadmap features.
- Build and ship high quality features through weekly sprints and releases.
- Maintain a high crash-free session rate. Diagnose and fix production issues swiftly.
- Advance the code base for the next generation of features, scale, and reliability with robust test cases and coverage.
- At least 4+ years experience developing rich Android mobile consumer-facing apps
- Expert level experience with the Android SDK
- Familiarity with Android APIs for location and motion
- Experience with RESTful API’s and asynchronous web services
- Experience with Android animations
- Deep experience working on Android platforms, building and maintaining large-scale apps, or impressive apps that you’ve built personally
- Being a technical expert of the Android platform and competent with industry standard libraries, frameworks, build process, and best practices.
- Proficient in the following areas: Java language and related frameworks, multi-threading and concurrency, memory management specific to Android devices, device caching mechanisms, sqlite stores, performance, battery optimization, and profiling.
- Experience running multiple server controlled A/B tests and experiments and mobile analytics.
- Experience release apps to customers, managing patches, internal and beta distributions, and staged rollouts.
- High quality code with unit tests, integration tests, and ability to track and mitigate crashes and maintain a high crash free rate.
- Worked on apps used by millions of people
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering from a top school
- Prior startup experience
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Opportunity to create impact in a high growth startup environment
- Employee healthcare benefits includes medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee Referral bonus
- Monthly team-building activities and happy hours
- Stock in an early-stage fast-growing startup company
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
Miles is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital, veteran, physical or mental disability status.