We are looking for a full-time Office Manager to join our rockstar team (from Cisco, Morgan Stanley, Facebook, Google, Amazon, Munchery, Houzz, Shipt, and Stanford) and to help make the rest of us more efficient! You will work with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
As a rapidly growing startup, we have new challenges hitting us every day. We are looking for someone who is flexible, takes ownership, prioritizes, figures things out with little direction, and generally is confident in a multitasking role. The role will be exciting and challenging to someone with a tolerance for ambiguity!
In this role, you must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open & very fast-paced startup environment, and be responsible for:
- Maintaining office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Maintaining office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designing and strictly implementing office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
- Keeping all conference rooms up to date
- Scheduling office visits and meetings, to include top execs, investors, customers, press etc.
- Keeping the kitchen and office supplies fully stocked and inventoried
- Maintaining office property and equipment including all electronics and ensuring their smooth functioning
- Coordinating swag, mailing, printing
- Preparing office expense budget, schedules expenditures and analyzes variances.
- On-boarding and Off-boarding of employees
- Coordinating travel for execs
- Coordinating office celebrations, happy hours and events
- Occasional work with tax prep, accountants, legal assistants, etc
- Providing historical reference by defining procedures for record retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role with prior experience at an early-stage, high-growth startup
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and jump into new tasks
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Culture fit with our team, which is hard-working yet considerate, friendly, diverse, and fun
- Supply management
- Tracking budget expenses
- Promoting process improvement
- Inventory control
- Reporting skills
- Previous startup experience
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Employee healthcare benefits include medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off + sick days
- Work-from-home Fridays
- Wellness Day - One additional holiday each month for employee wellness
- Employee Referral bonus
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly happy hours
- Stock in an early-stage fast-growing startup company
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
Miles is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital, veteran, physical or mental disability status.