Mark43 is approved to hire in 39 states, including AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
Mark43 is seeking a Professional Services Engineer (Sysadmin) to join our Global Services team. This is a customer-facing role that will be critical to the success and scalability of our customer deployments across the country. The ideal candidate has experience working on an IT team at a growing company. If you have prior experience as a system administrator, working with containerized environments, supporting technical users, solving technical issues, troubleshooting hardware issues, and installing software on servers/desktops in both Linux and Windows environments, this will be a great role for you. This is an ideal role for someone who has been in a Technical Integration Support or SysAdmin role for several years and is ready to take on more responsibility at a company going through a period of hyper-growth. A calm demeanor, strong communication skills, and patience are necessary for success in this role. This role is remote with a possible 10% travel.
What you can expect to work on:
- Troubleshoot rancher environment to include cluster deployments
- Troubleshoot and resolve on-premise integration servers
- Deploy, maintain, and upgrade containerized software across a multi-cloud environment
- Advise customers on best practices for hardware and network configurations
- Work with customer IT resources and Mark43 engineers to troubleshoot and resolve issues affecting on-premises deployments of Mark43 applications
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructure and using unix commands
- Experience with SSO platforms Azure AD, ADFS, Auth0, and SCIM
- Contribute to technical documentation to empower customers to troubleshoot on their own
- Responsible for managing, defusing, and resolving complicated or non-standard service requests and client queries.
- Ability to support Linux environment to include OS patching, Updates, and configurations
What we expect from you:
- 3+ years experience in a Support Engineer or SysAdmin role at a growing company
- Prior experience supporting Linux and Windows operating systems
- Prior experience troubleshooting containerized and cluster environments
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ensure support tickets are up to date and SLAs are met
- Experience administering SaaS technologies
- Experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers both on-premise and cloud
- Ability to pass CJIS-level clearance requirements
Experience in the following is Preferred:
- Public safety or Law Enforcement industry experience
- Experience with Jira, Atlassian, CRM systems
- SQL experience
- Linux or Microsoft certification
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, Azure)
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to sharpen your security skills working in a unique and highly security-conscious industry
- Working with a team that respects your ideas and expertise
- Building mission-critical and socially responsible software to empower communities
- Opportunities to grow and meet your professional and personal goals
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering law enforcement, first responders, and other government agencies via mission-critical software products
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers
- Career growth opportunities as we grow
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a target base annual salary range of $70,000 - $80,000, plus bonus opportunity, company stock options, and a full benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, and a 401k with a company match. Please note that the higher end of this range will be reserved for candidates with appropriate experience who reside in high cost of living areas.
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.