Data Migration Engineer
Mark43 is approved to hire in 39 states, including AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are looking for a Data Migration Engineer (ETL Developer) to join our team. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing data migrations that allow our customers to seamlessly transition critical operations to Mark43. As a Data Migration Engineer you will not only manage your own small portfolio of migration projects but will also play a critical role in helping our migration partners perform successful projects for our customers. You will partner with our migration contractors to provide them with project management, decision making and executable feedback. You will also partner with our customers to understand and find new value in their legacy data. You will collaborate with Mark43 migration, engineering, and deployments teams to continuously improve the data migration process to help us scale over time.
This role requires a sharp attention to detail, strong organizational skills, an interest in working directly with public safety customers, and a passion for data. Members of our current team have backgrounds in data migration engineering, ETL development and SQL development at large SaaS companies.
What you can expect to work on:
- Perform mid to large-scale data migrations from customers’ legacy systems into a multi-cloud environment
- Manage our migration contractor partners through our end to end migration lifecycle
- Analyze legacy databases to understand their unique data models and how that can be transformed to live in Mark43
- Write and execute complex SQL-based ETLs to Extract, Transform and Load legacy data into Mark43
- Become an expert on the Mark43 database and the implications of data decisions to our customers
- Work towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers
What we expect from you:
- 2+ years of experience working in a data migration engineering, ETL development and/or SQL Development role
- Comprehensive understanding of the ETL process
- Experience writing complex SQL scripts
- Deep knowledge & understanding of database design, setup, and maintenance
- Experience managing contractors is a plus
- Interest in becoming an expert in public safety data as well as Mark43's products
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details
- An attitude that is humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality
- Experience working with public safety data systems a plus
What you can expect from us:
- Constant collaboration with numerous Mark43 teams, including Global Services, Engineering, and Product
- Building mission critical and socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a target base annual salary range of $80,000 - $100,000, plus bonus opportunity, company stock options, and a full benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, and a 401k with a company match. Please note that the higher end of this range will be reserved for candidates with appropriate experience who reside in high cost of labor locations.
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.