Mark43 is approved to hire in 40 states, including AL, AZ, CA-excluding San Francisco, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are seeking a Solutions Engineer to join our team. A background in public safety is strongly preferred. This role requires close collaboration with several different internal teams at Mark43. You will be responsible for designing and implementing software solutions that meet the needs of clients. To be successful in this role, you will need to establish a personal rapport with potential and current customers, vendors, and partners. You will need a deep understanding of the technical requirements that will ensure the success of our product deployments to public safety agencies. This is a fully remote position with a 25% travel expectation.
Proposal Engineering: You will create documentation for project bids, including estimated timelines, costs, and potential risks. You will review requests for proposals (RFPs) to analyze the company’s requirements and determine if the customer is a good fit.
- Identify customer needs and develop solutions that meet their requirements.
- Work alongside other sales team members to present products to clients and answer any technical questions they may have.
- Analyze client requirements and determine if a potential customer is a good fit for Mark43.
- Outline anticipated timelines for projects by leveraging internal resources and determining the most efficient processes.
- Create documentation for project bids, including estimated timelines, costs, and potential risks.
- Develop practical demonstrations of proposed solutions.
- Test newly implemented software and correct any programming flaws that lead to system issues.
Solutions Engineering: You will collaborate with other department engineers to create practical demonstrations of proposed solutions. You are required to test the implemented software and fix programming bugs that create errors with the system.
Implementation Engineering: You will be responsible for SCOPING Mark43 technologies with enterprise systems. You will work with a variety of clients, from small agencies to large police departments. You will help them integrate new software into their existing infrastructure.
What You Will Need:
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related engineering fields.
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure.
- Up-to-date understanding of best practices regarding system security measures.
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience, and design architecture.
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes.
- Project development and leadership skills are preferred.
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.