Cloud Engineering Intern
Mark43 is approved to hire in 40 states, including AL, AZ, CA-excluding San Francisco, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are looking for Cloud Engineering Intern to join our team. You will be working alongside the Platform Infrastructure & Engineering Team to build and sustain Mark43’s industry-leading cloud infrastructure and operations. As a Mark43 Cloud Engineering Intern, you’ll rise to this challenge by learning how to build fault tolerant, fully automated, secure and compliant cloud resources. You’ll use tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, and ArgoCD to engineer automated build/deploy processes, design system components, and innovate in the cloud. This is a 12-week internship, starting on June 4, 2023 and will be based out of our NYC office.
What You Can Expect to Work On
If you were part of our team, here are some things you would have done last week:
- Build new capabilities within Mark43’s AWS infrastructure
- Develop and deliver DevOps supporting practices, standards, technology and infrastructure to enable engineering teams
- Collaborate with software engineering and product teams to understand requirements and impacts
- Document your work in a clear and concise manner
- Gain an understanding of the many moving parts of a complex enterprise cloud platform
- Continuously improve your cloud skills while working alongside a talented and high performing engineering team
What We Expect from You
- Cloud infrastructure OR server-side development experience
- Experience with web architecture and concepts, such as HTTP & TCP
- Basic understanding of containerization and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with networking concepts
- Willingness to empathize with users who may be unlike yourself
- Coming to work with an open mind and leaving your ego at the door
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details
- An attitude that is self-motivated, humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality
We recommend that our Canadian candidates apply for our internships in Toronto!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Compensation for this role is paid an hourly rate of $45 per hour.
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.