FrontEnd Engineering Intern- Summer 2024- New York
Mark43 is approved to hire in 39 states, including AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
What you can expect to work on:
- Building new features for our products from the ground up
- Developing and implementing highly responsive software to support user workflows using Typescript and React
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the development of best practices and coding standards
- Collaborating with design and product teams to understand feature requirements
- Documenting your work in a clear and concise manner
- Gaining an understanding of the many moving parts of a complex enterprise software platform
- Continuously improving your coding skills while working alongside a talented and high performing engineering team
What we expect from you:
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles such as (but not limited to) React components, hooks, and the React lifecycle
- Basic experience using Typescript and React and other front-end languages and frameworks
- Experience with web architecture, such as HTTP & RESTful APIs
- A demonstrated understanding of core CS concepts such as data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, or Mercurial)
- An attitude that is self-motivated, humble, detail-oriented, and committed to quality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with state management libraries, such as Redux or MobX
- Knowledge of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design principles
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and talented individual to gain hands-on experience in frontend development and contribute to the growth of our company. If you are passionate about coding, eager to learn, and want to contribute towards making communities safer, we encourage you to apply for this exciting internship opportunity.
We recommend Canadian students apply for the internships based in our Toronto Office!
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.