Senior Project Manager East
Mark43 is approved to hire in 39 states, including AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team; you’ll report directly to a Lead Project Manager in the Project Management Office. This customer facing role will be responsible for assisting in the successful deployment of Mark43’s software across the full spectrum of public safety agencies. You’ll work on a portfolio of projects. You will assist in the development of project plans, staffing plans, project governance approaches, risk tracking, and the standardization of processes across your projects. You will be responsible for reporting on project progress, financial metrics, and risk mitigation strategies. You will keep a master schedule of your projects to allow for better planning across the company. We prefer you to live near one of our main offices in Los Angeles or New York.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the development of tools, processes, and project approaches to manage a portfolio of implementation projects
- Coordinate internal, customer, and third party resources to execute each project
- Work cross functionally across the organization to make sure each team is focused and on track to deliver required project materials or outputs
- Manage scope, timeline, and finances to ensure projects are delivered on time and within allocated budget
- Develop a project plan, schedule, and set of documents to track progress, to identify risks, project deliverables, and report on project timelines
- Establish and execute risk mitigation plans to drive project success
- Help develop and standardize a set of project management tools that can be replicated on each project
- Work with key stakeholders to foster buy in and alleviate project issues
Who You Are:
- You have a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or are in the process of obtaining the certification.
- You have at least three (3) to four (4) years of project management experience, ideally in both a customer facing and an internal company facing capacity.
- You have experience working on cloud software implementation projects. (We will consider other complex project management experience.)
- You have experience with Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies.
- You have experience setting up and building project management approaches and supporting processes.
- You have experience developing analytic trackers and reports.
- You have an exceptional attention to detail.
- You can operate independently with minimal supervision.
- You have experience developing all standard project management documents.
- You are a skilled communicator and can synthesize complex information into deliverables for a variety of stakeholders.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are skilled at multitasking.
- You have experience in Powerpoint, Excel, Microsoft Project (or other project planning tools).
People who thrive on our team also tend to share the following characteristics
- Humble, open, and curious. You recognize there are numerous ways to solve a problem or implement a strategy. You gain various perspectives and consider the impact on the customer and other teams before making a decision. You also promote team diversity and diversity of thought.
- Attentive, active listeners. You’re interested in what others have to say and illustrate your interest with your actions. You listen with empathy and ask follow up questions to determine what your team and customers would like to achieve. You are comfortable with conflict because conflict provides an opportunity to help solve problems.
- Enthusiastic collaborators. You understand that the best outcomes are achieved through shared ownership, and you seek to spread knowledge and expand participation rather than restrict it. You need to work cross-functionally to achieve successful outcomes for your team and customers.
- Ultimate team player. You focus more on team and customer success than personal achievements. You understand that each team within the Deployments team works hand-in-hand to provide the best customer experience possible and you might have to pitch in to help other team members.
- Comfortable with uncertainty. You know that sometimes problems and situations can’t be simplified or fully understood; you know where to find information to help bring clarity to a situation, but you also understand that you won’t always have all the information when making decisions. You invite change and help your team and customers navigate change.
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.