Mark43 is approved to hire in 39 states, including AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, and WI. Before applying to a remote role, please ensure that you are able to perform the position in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
*Must be located in Florida or a bordering state*
Mark43's mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We’re a SaaS company catering to public safety agencies. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools our first responders rely on. Our users are diverse. We are therefore committed to fostering diversity of thought and experience within our team.
Mark43 is expanding its sales team and looking for enthusiastic and ambitious Account Executives (AEs). The ideal candidate is passionate about implementing the next generation of law enforcement technologies and has a well-developed understanding and appreciation of the advantages of enterprise SaaS solutions. We expect our Account Executives to work with our Business Development team to prospect and initiate conversation with new state, local, and federal departments, leading to product demos that will win new contracts. To be effective in this role, you should have an understanding of the benefits of how cloud based enterprise SaaS products can transform and revolutionize how government agencies do their work. We expect AEs to evangelize our products and tirelessly pursue leads, engage in networking opportunities to unlock potential clients, and closely monitor and manage multiple sales pursuits simultaneously.
Mark43 AEs will be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of solution based selling to government agencies, effectively pitch a targeted and compelling value proposition, and nurture relationships with future potential clients in order to continuously build pipeline. Additionally, you should be problem solver and a seeker of truth, helping prospects solve problems through honest presentations of our products' benefits.
What you can expect to work on:
- Pursue and close mid market sales through sales demos, relationship building, and problem solving all rooted in integrity.
- Gaining a deep understanding of Mark43's value proposition, the competitive landscape, and buyers' needs and requirements to deliver an effective pitch of Mark43’s products.
- Lead clients through full sales life cycle, traveling as needed. This requires attentive control over the process, persistence in understanding specific procurement next steps, and constantly pushing for progress.
- Continually grow and expand a network to unlock new leads and drive revenue.
- Be very comfortable in annotating all sales activity in CRM tools.
- Traveling regularly to trade shows and industry events in your territory to prospect and network.
- Continually seek opportunities for improving personal performance through thoughtful examination of processes, technology systems/tools, and personnel.
What we expect from you:
- Passion for supporting law enforcement, first responders, and other government agencies.
- 8-10 years of experience in enterprise Public Sector SaaS sales, ideally:
- 2 year in a sales development or other cold calling role
- 3 years in inside sales, with some experience in a traveling sales role
- 3 years in field sales or outside sales, developing and managing your own territory
- Efficiently executing prospecting campaigns organized by marketing for your territory.
- Meticulous organizational skills and the capacity to manage many leads and opportunities.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, G-Suite, and CRM tools (preferably Salesforce).
- Thrives in a rapidly changing early-stage startup environment.
- Deep understanding of the value of cloud-based SaaS solutions.
- Proven history of exceeding quotas, closing deals, and moving up in your organization.
- Comfortability working remotely or from a home office
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited university preferred
- Degree in the field of criminology or equivalent years experience working for a public safety agency strongly preferred
What you can expect from us:
- Constant collaboration with numerous Mark43 teams, including Customer Success, Implementations, Operational Support, Product, and Engineering
- Tremendous growth opportunity, both personally and professionally.
- Building mission critical and socially responsible software to enable first responders to better serve their communities.
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise.
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain.
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a target base annual salary range of $115,000-$125,000, plus commission, company stock options, and a full benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, and a 401k with a company match. Please note that the higher end of this range will be reserved for candidates with appropriate experience who reside in high cost of living areas.
Mark43 is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email recruiting@Mark43.com requesting the accommodation.