Accounting & Finance
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
We are a rapidly growing consumer electronics manufacturer seeking an experienced Accountant to be based in our Santa Cruz, CA HQ. This role will be a key contributor on the finance and accounting team as we continue to grow into a global brand. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the ideal candidates will have 2-3 years of hands-on accounting experience with progressive responsibility. With the ability to work independently or as part of a team, we are seeking a candidate with experience implementing and maintaining best practices and procedures successfully who thrives in a quick paced setting. We offer a competitive package and provide a positive and fun work environment.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Under the oversight of the guidance of the accounting manager, take ownership of daily accounting functions of the company, including: accounts payable, cash receipts, general ledger, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, fixed asset activity
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Serve as a key player in accurate and timely financial reporting: monthly, quarterly and year end close, monthly management reporting, general ledger reconciliation and journal entries.
- Maintain the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Serve as a thought partner in determining proper handling of non-routine reporting transactions as they relate to GAAP.
- Respond to inquiries from the accounting manager, executive team, and internal managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and ad hoc requests.
- Assist with requests from outside vendors to ensure that tax filings are completed timely and accurately for both income and sales tax.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Collaborates with other managers to support overall goals and objectives.
- Oversee and provide training to new staff as the team grows.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience:
- Two plus years prior experience in financial reporting and general ledger accounting.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations, including GAAP.
- Experience in a manufacturing company is a plus.
- Experience in month and year end close procedures.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting. Experience with Xero accounting systems preferred. Must have strong experience with MS Excel/ Word.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of tax regulations, including federal and state income tax and sales tax is a plus.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Self-starter with the ability to maintain a high level of quality output.
Interested in coming along for the ride? To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter that mentions why you would be a great fit for this role along with your resume. Due to the number of applications, we may not be able to contact everyone directly.