Senior Systems Engineer
Domatic is a new construction technology startup that is creating a revolutionary way to build smart buildings through a new way to power a building’s fixtures. We do this by making every fixture intelligent and simplifying installation and operation so anyone can do it. Our approach brings USB-style simplicity to the way we design, power, manage, and live in modern buildings.
We are looking for a senior systems engineer who can build out our vision for Domatic devices. Our architecture needs to imagine lots of devices that run the gamut from lighting drivers to comfort control, ventilation, door access controls, window blinds, and a variety of sensors. The hardware we build for our “hero” devices becomes a licensable element to scale out our fixture ecosystem with manufacturing partners.
Our tech stack starts with Altium 365 for hardware design, along with C/C++ for embedded code. Further up the stack we use Node.js and MongoDB on the back end and React Native on the front end (using Expo.dev). We use linux as our OS where appropriate, but also leverage real-time OSes and bare-metal coding where needed for minimalist systems.
Own the architecture for our hardware development, focusing on:
- Rapid prototyping of new “hero” device implementations.
- Working with manufacturers on DFM, test fixtures, supply chain.
- Supporting a small but varying set of embedded platforms.
- Leveraging Altium 365 so we can build up a robust set of component libraries for our future products.
- Hardware bringup, including firmware development.
- You are hands-on and well-versed in hardware design using Altium, and can code in C, C++, and shell programming.
- You are eager to iterate quickly and empower your team members to build upon what you've created.
- You enjoy deleting unnecessary lines of code and wrangling large codebases to keep things simple.
- You can take on challenging, sometimes ambiguous tasks and find ways to get the job done.
- You’re a team player, a fast learner, and a great teacher to your peers.
- EE/Computer Engineering degree and 5+ years of direct experience developing PCBs
- Proficiency in C and C++, specifically in embedded systems programming and debugging
- Proficiency in shell programming, continuous integration, and git version control in a team environment.
If you are eager to join an early-stage startup and want to help us bring smart buildings into the current century, we should talk.