Product Design Engineering Program Manager (Contract)
Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
Objectives of this role:
- Manage product design scheduling, budget, critical paths, and technical risk areas for execution through final delivery of the product
- Driving technical issues to closure by bringing together key partners for decision making
- Drive PVT drawing releases and hard tool kickoff with PD Engineering team and the vendors
- Support DVT+PVT builds, material planning and factory readiness
- Travel domestically and internationally (Mexico) to support engineering builds
- 5+ years experience managing cross-functional teams across various program stages(architecture, integration, validation)
- Excellent team player whom is self motivated, proactive, and has a high attention to detail
- Strong technical background in Electrical, Mechanical, or Software Engineering
- Proven track record of managing complex hardware product schedules and engineering builds
- Proactive and highly self-motivated; good critical thinking capabilities and strong attention to detail
- Understands and works well in a rapidly evolving development program. Remains flexible, eager to learn, and works well in times of uncertainty
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- BS ME degree required, MS or MBA desired
The estimated annual salary range for this position is $28 to $35 (to be paid out monthly). A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets, market conditions, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and business and organizational needs. At Mill, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.
For your awareness, we have been requiring that all employees and visitors who come into our offices verify that they are fully vaccinated with respect to COVID-19. Of course we are open to discussing accommodations where legally required, such as for medical or religious reasons. If you need to discuss accommodations or better understand this requirement, please let me know. Otherwise, please prepare to provide verification of your vaccination.