Senior Java Developer (Remote)
Software Developer, Software Engineer, Java Developer, Full Stack Engineer, Backend Developer
Over the next decade, there will be a massive shift to electric vehicles, with the majority of North American vehicle sales expected to be EVs by 2030. ChargeLab is a fast-growing software company building the EV charging infrastructure of the future with solutions that power networks of charging stations across the world.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex challenges, see the results of your work supporting thousands of EV charging stations and make a positive impact on the world, join us!
About the role:
As a Developer at ChargeLab you will engage with different stakeholders from product to operations and architecture to design, and build cutting edge software for the future of mobility.
What ChargeLab will offer you:
- Managers that are committed to promoting your career growth
- Getting involved with the new booming EV industry, do something that has a real life impact
- A flexible work environment (remote or hybrid (GTA) choose what works best for YOU!)
- Solid health benefits plan, covered 100% by ChargeLab
- A super fun team to be part of, full of smart professionals to collaborate with and learn from
Software Developer responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable Java code
- Work closely with other engineers to develop new products and extensions
- Plan, design, develop, manage, document, test, deploy, and support new and existing modules
- Work on system and API design and architecture
- Collaborate daily with team to adjust and align with pivoting operational needs in a fast-
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to excellence; A great sense of ownership
- Outstanding teamwork abilities
- Sharp time management skills
- A minimum of 5+ yrs experience coding in core Java
- 7+ years experience in software engineering
- Experience with software development and architecture
- Experience with data structures and fundamental algorithms
- Successfully complete a background check (coordinated by us)
- Bonus: Experience with React and/or flutter, experience in a startup environment
We do appreciate your time and effort in applying for this position. We are committed to responding within seven business days. The interview process is very straightforward and the team is hard-working but fun. Looking forward to having you on board.