AWS Platform Engineer - Developer (Remote)
AWS Cloud Engineer, DevOps, DevOps Engineer, Developer
Note: You need strong Java programming experience for this role. It is not your traditional DevOps role.
Note: You will be asked to do a coding challenge in Java.
Over the next decade, there will be a massive shift to electric vehicles, with most North American vehicle sales expected to be EVs by 2030. ChargeLab is a fast-growing software company building the EV charging infrastructure of the future with solutions that power networks of charging stations across the world.
If you want to solve one of today’s most complex challenges and see the results of your work supporting thousands of EV charging stations and positively impacting the world, join us!
About the role:
ChargeLab is hiring a Senior Cloud/Back-End Developer with strong cloud and deployment experience that will independently advance and complete the implementation of high-level deployment and internal tooling/library features. The successful candidate will be responsible for extending associated internal projects to support new features and correct defects, determine the detailed requirements of the task, and independently follow up with other team members as necessary.
ChargeLab’s new Senior Cloud/Back-End Developer will maintain a high-level understanding of our entire platform, with particular emphasis on inter-service and application/cloud integrations, and drive implementation in a way that maintains high-quality standards, reduces technical debt, and maintains a high degree of flexibility concerning potential future developments or requirements. If you love to support other team members, maintain/understand production applications, and solve hard, real-world deployment, scaling, and testing problems, we would love to hear from you!
Senior Cloud/Back-End Developer Responsibilities:
- CloudFormation templates built on top of the AWS CDK
- Custom CloudFormation resources and thin lambda functions (customizing behavior of AWS resources, working around AWS limitations, etc.)
- Instance bootstrap scripts for initializing EC2 instances, adding instrumentation, tying into CloudFormation signals, and so on
- Design, build, and maintain CI/CD processes for existing applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable internal libraries and tooling (Java)
- Work closely with other engineers to develop/deploy new products & extensions
- Plan, design, develop, manage, document, test, deploy, and support new and existing modules
- Participate in code reviews, provide support to other team members as it relates to quality standards and best practices within projects
What ChargeLab will offer you:
- Managers that are committed to promoting your career growth
- Solid health benefits plan, covered 100% by ChargeLab for you, your dependants and your domestic partner
- Getting involved with the new booming EV industry, do something that has a real-life impact
- A flexible work environment (remote or hybrid (GTA) choose what works best for YOU!)
- A super fun, driven team, full of smart professionals to collaborate with and learn from
The ideal candidate has:
- Commitment to excellence; a great sense of ownership
- Outstanding teamwork abilities
- Sharp time management skills
- Technical skills as stated below
- 5+ yrs experience as a Java Software Developer
- Strong background in cloud, preferably AWS, and deployments/distributed systems
- Experience with software development and architecture
- Experience with data structures and fundamental algorithms
- Bonus: Experience in a startup environment, experience developing embedded software
We do appreciate your time and effort in applying for this position. We are committed to responding within 7 business days. The interview process is very straightforward. So, give us a go!