Sr. Mechanical Quality Engineer
What we do
Bumblebee makes space for what matters. Using precision robotics and software, we transform unused space by moving furniture and storage into the ceiling. Take a look at our website to see it first-hand.
We are a team from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision for making housing affordable, desirable and sustainable. Bumblebee makes space in homes, cities and the planet for more flora and fauna.
Bumblebee is a Series A company backed by some of the best VCs in the business. We are currently scaling all our teams while preparing to bring our product to the world at an ambitious scale. We operate with an open culture with no bureaucracy and pointless meetings. In our work, we build to think and remain deeply centered on first principles and user empathy. We’re searching for driven, talented, and engaged team-members. Please reach out if this speaks to you!
As a Sr. Mechanical Quality Engineer, you will own the manufacturing design and execution of our next generation product, including: working closely with our hardware engineering team and CM to define appropriate specifications; designing, engineering and validation of fixtures; designing and validating robust processes for both module- and system-level tests.
You will be the kernel of the manufacturing engineering team and will be responsible for all manufacturing/production-related engineering efforts. This is a highly critical role for Bumblebee and we are looking for someone with an extensive background and interest in engineering and on-the-fly problem solving using strong fundamentals.
- Own end-to-end manufacturing of our next generation system
- Validate manufacturing processes with our CM
- Design all relevant fixtures and equipment to ship high-quality product
- Work closely with hardware engineering team to understand functional specifications and translate them into manufacturing specs and processes
- Define IQC/OQC requirements
- Own validation of new vendors
- Develop measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve ambitious specifications at massive production scale
- Use CAD/FEA to predict & optimize user centric functional / reliability testing to help design down selection and failure analysis
- Develop and implement cutting edge quality inspection tools to evaluate cosmetic and dimensional part characteristics
- Compile and evaluate data to settle appropriate limits and variables for process and part specifications
- Drive corrective actions multi-functionally with internal and external team members
- BS in mechanical engineering or related field
- Experience with fabricating parts or jigs, fixtures, tooling, injection molding, casting, sheet metal (welding, bending, stamping), metal machining (CNC, mills, lathes) experience is required.
- Solid understanding of GD&T, tolerance analysis, and mechanical fabrication techniques
- Experience ramping product(s) at volume
- Extensive CAD experience
- MS in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong portfolio of complex engineering challenges with high degree of ownership
- Successful history ramping and shipping high fit and finish and safety critical products at scale
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis