What We Do
Bumblebee makes space for what matters. Using precision robotics and software, we transform unused space by moving furniture and storage into the ceiling. Take a look at our website to see it first-hand.
We are a team from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision for making housing affordable, desirable and sustainable. Bumblebee makes space in homes, cities and the planet for more flora and fauna.
Bumblebee is a Series A company backed by some of the best VCs in the business. We are currently scaling all our teams while preparing to bring our product to the world at an ambitious scale. We operate with an open culture with no bureaucracy and pointless meetings. In our work, we build to think and remain deeply centered on first principles and user empathy. We’re searching for driven, talented, and engaged team-members. Please reach out if this speaks to you!
About the Role
We’re looking for an Install Technician to train for 6 months into an Installation Lead capable of running job sites. The pay range we’re offering is $25-$35/hr depending on relevant experience, and will start as a contract position.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate Installations of our product
- Interfacing with customers in a professional manor
- Precisely laying out our mounting system on ceilings
- Lifting and hanging robots overhead
- Assembly of finished wood products
- Maintaining a clean workspace
- Connecting wires in proper sequence and orientation
- Maintaining a high standard of quality within installation
- Foreman or Lead installer experiance
- Proficient in lay out/precision measurements
- Installation or construction experience (HVAC, cabinets, commercial equipment, ect)
- Able to complete minor electrical tasks
- Driven to learn, Team player, Experience in leadership or desire to be a lead
- Must be good with customers and have a self-disciplined work ethic.
- Carpentry experience
- Furniture or appliance assembly
- Knowledge in mounting objects to drywall/cement
- Able to lift 50lbs over head
- Comfortable on ladders
- Must be able to travel for work
- Be able to pass a background check