Bethlehem, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out The Roots: Bowery Farming's People Podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke)
About The Role:
Bowery Farming is looking for a passionate and committed Grower to join the team! You will be responsible for the crop health of our farms, monitoring crop health and performance in our growing facilities. With the goal of operational excellence, the Grower will leverage software-driven data collection & analysis to manage the growing environment and cultural practices at Bowery’s farms, ensuring the highest quality produce makes its way to our customers. Working with colleagues in Operations, Data Science, Engineering, and AgScience, the Grower will ensure that environmental conditions, plant nutrition, and practices are maintained according to Bowery standards. You will also be implementing new innovations into production.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze and optimize yield and quality of the crops growing in our farms
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis on crop issues and diagnose health, growth, or quality issues accordingly
- Use a host of software and data tools to develop action plans for cross-team execution
- You’ll be a critical partner in transitioning new products from R&D and supporting the development of to an operational environment.
- Create and manage pest and disease management programs
- Continually test and improve cultivation practices and products in partnership with the R&D and Ops teams
- Document procedures in SOPs and provide training for techs and Farm Operators
Who You Are:
- You have a strong horticulture background and are comfortable with the underlying principles of CEA agriculture
- You can work independently and are comfortable in working in highly collaborative, fast-paced environments
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator who uses data to support decisions
- You have the versatility to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences to ensure the mission is accomplished
- You are passionate about our mission and excited to revolutionize agriculture
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and satisfaction of your teammates
- You are someone who has used data to perform root cause analysis on crop health
- You are someone who has experience troubleshooting solutions on improving crop health
- You may have had experience working in a operation or manufacturing setting
- You have experience monitoring week to week crop health and farm health
- You have experience optimizing yield and quality by manipulating critical plant growth inputs
- You are familiar with hydroponic and CEA growing methods
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Benefits As Good As Our Greens:
- To support you and your family, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance; mental health resources; family forming support; long-term and short-term disability insurance; FSA; HSA and commuter benefits
- Company stock options so that you can reap the benefits of every Bowery win
- The more balance, the better. We offer unlimited paid vacation, paid holiday - plus 16 weeks of paid parental leave so you can focus on what matters most
- From internal mobility to a mentorship program and curated L&D initiatives, we are fully invested in your growth
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3CUwuUY) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
The salary for this role will be $100,000. If this role is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply no matter what so we can see your profile and background. You can trust us to make a leveling assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.
Bowery is an equal-opportunity employer - a place that celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. We are attempting to redefine what a sustainable agricultural supply chain can look like. We cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of people who want fresh, locally grown food in regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience. We strongly encourage people from marginalized communities to apply to join our team.