Program Manager- New York City
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
BlocPower is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager, Workforce Development to join our team in New York City. The ideal candidate will have experience in running workforce development training programs, strong familiarity with procurement and invoicing processes for New York City contracts, and deep commitment to growing opportunities for green jobs among under-represented communities.
In this role, you will be responsible for successfully administering a significant NYC workforce development contract, focused on preparing tomorrow’s leaders in the green economy and building electrification industry. You’ll be responsible for program oversight and financial administration, delivering an excellent experience for program participants, collaborating closely with a network of organizations to grow job placement rates, tracking program results, preparing impact assessment reports and other program management related tasks. A successful program will have a visible impact on the local economy and employment opportunities for the program participants.
This position is for a goal oriented, self motivated and outgoing “operations” person who is willing to roll up their sleeves to build something new alongside a motivated and passionate team. The ideal person will create and maintain positive working relationships with program participants. He/she must be a self-starter committed to the mission, values, beliefs of BlocPower.
- Manage all aspects of a significant workforce development program with locations across 3 boroughs and growing, including reaching and exceeding key program goals, oversight of subcontractors and participants
- Comprehensive administration responsibilities, including interfacing with the City of New York for invoicing, billing, financial administration and reporting, as well as regular internal reporting including operational expenses, participant tracking and impact measurement
- Build and maintain relationships with program partners including local community organizations, employers and other potential clients and collaborators, with the goals of growing job placement rates for program participants and recruiting diverse program participants
- Create and coordinate communication and deliverables between program partners and internal stakeholders to ensure project partners are accountable and delivering on their commitments to deliver an excellent program for program participants, including coordination of case management
- Maintain accountability for reaching program participant recruitment targets and employment placement targets
- Oversight of and collaboration with experienced BlocPower workforce development team members
- Help grow the program and regional impact year over year, including by public speaking to promote the program and supporting grant funding applications, as well as other activities as needed
- Other tasks as required for a successful program deployment
- Experience in implementing or overseeing workforce development programs
- 6-10 years minimum experience in program/contract management, or equivalent
- Familiarity with procurement and invoicing processes for New York City contracts
- Relationships and knowledge of small and medium developers and construction firms in New York City
- Familiarity with green economy and building electrification preferred, not required
- Deep commitment to environmental and social justice, experience with related organizations a plus
- Residency in NYC required
- MBA/JD preferred preferred
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.